University Of Nairobi Students spotted  in one of the night clubs in town. CREDIT:KenyaPoa
My mum is always ranting about the lifestyle of most university students. She constantly says, “this is not the university we used to be”. I often tell her that anatuonea. I don’t know how many people share the same sentiments as her. Trust me most folks do.
I stopped to wonder- why do most people think from this perspective? There are reasons here and there. I mean campus life has evolved over time. The kind of evolution as the early man. Still remember that history stuff- hell yeah I do.
Look at that from this point of view:

  1. There was no killing each other because of some love triangle. Love is becoming a costly affair in campus.
  2. There were no sponsors. The people who make those “goals” be achieved. I mean the iphone goals.

    READ ALSO: Stand with the transgender community in Kenya.
  3. There were no stupid sex parties in the name of civilisation. Those parties that are all about getting high and twerking.
  4. There was no cohabiting. You lived together only when you were pronounced as man and wife.
  5. Girls did not dress skimpily to show those "legs for days" and be viewed as “sexy”. 

 Gone are the days of notion- dress in clothes that tight enough to show that you are a woman but loose enough to show that you are a lady.

Now that’s it. Life has changed. Unfortunately on the flip side. But as I always say if it is what is termed as civilisation, I’ll remain the village girl I have always been.

BY: Mercy Simatwo

Do you have something to add to this article? Please leave a comment on the comment section below.

Do you have a story/article/Event you would like to share with us? Kindly send the article to: chuonikenya@gmail.com and we shall publish your article for free. Thank you.


Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.